Pan-toasted bread is objectively better, please it's not even an argument

 That's it. I came to terms with it in this apartment, without a toaster but with the need to toast bread. PN do it all the time, but I thought it was just for the special occasions because it seemed like so much work but actually it's not that much more work than using a toaster, you need to keep track of time, and also put some fat down in the pan if you want it to taste better. That's it.

Actually, toaster-bread is bad because unless you want crouton-like texture, dark-toast is way to crunchy, it's hard and not malleable. With pan-toasts, hard toasts still gots a lot of give, though it's dark on the outside. And the darkened bits are somehow more tastier from pan than toaster, I don't know the chemistry for it, but if I had to commit something I'd say 'mallard reaction'.

Some butter in the pan, four slices of frozen bread, turned around a couple of times, oooof. So tasty, so classy-tasting. You begin wondering why anybody ever bothers with toasters at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.