Shin Ramyun is actually a better value than Indomie

Shin Ramyun is the premium South Korean noodle we all love to eat. It's a bit pricey, at a buck a piece, and one imagines other Asian noodles like Indomie are perhaps a better value for money. I looked around a couple Asian stores, compared price per unit and discovered that Shin is the best value for money, for the quality you get!

Here's my homework. Shin comes in 4.2 ounce packets, that translates to 120 g about. The Indomie is a smaller packet at 75g. The ratio of the weights of the two is 1.6. Multiply that by the price of Indomie (70 cents a piece at Uwajimaya) and we're at 1.12 bucks if Shin were to be priced at the same ratio. Except Shin costs a buck a packet. You're saving twelve percent there!

Truth be told, the price is for Shin at Hau Hau. And the place has cheaper noodles from Asia too. And more expensive ones. But for the Shin range, you really would be hard-pressed to improve on the price. Which is why I bought almost a dozen and half packets of Shin earlier in my shopping trip today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.