Some things I'll do to get my shit together now

 Sleep hygeine is the most important. Yeah I live in a terribly noisy part of the town and getting proper sleep is hard, but I've not been totally sincere in there either. I go to bed late for no reason, don't have a proper fixed time to sleep, take naps randomly in the evenings, and don't do morning rituals properly. If I set a strict bed-time and wake-up time, and did the regular rituals everyday, that'd be good.

Which gets me to the second point, setting up rituals that actually help me be productive. Shower in the morning instead of afternoon, drink tea even if it's non-caffeine, show up to work on time, get things done properly, and depart on time. Actually give a crap about work, don't get distracted by the internet. That's the most important one.

One certain days, I'm so distracted by useless junk food information that I'm spending five/six hours a day reading cool interesting things that have absolutely no bearing on my existence, have never mattered and will never matter, and in no shape or form will help me forward my cause, get me closer to the goal. They need to be nipped at the bud. And often it's because of some random anxiety or other that I don't want to deal with reality when I'd rather distract myself with these tantalizing facts and information.

So now we're talking about anxiety, which I need to learn to deal in a better, more disciplined manner. I've got some techniques down that have helped me feel more relaxed and in control, but it's easy to forget them, and lose your own time and mental faculties. I need to be more in charge of my emotions and time, and just get shit done.

That involves more writing, more reading, more socializing, and  more intense physical activities. Once those things are in place, the other more interesting aspects, such as hobbies interests and new explorations, come automatically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.