Jay Thai: A review

This is a review of "Jay Thai" restaurant that I went to recently.

It's not going to be an exhaustive review because by the time we got around to eating the ordered food, me and my foodie mate were quite full, unable to eat much. Add to that two bottles of Singha beer each, and we really really couldn't eat a lot. So this is going to be biased, but there's value in here.

We ordered an appetizer and an entree. The appetizer was fried tofu. I've had fried tofu in the past, and found it to be quite exciting, with the right combination of accoutrements. Exciting even, at times. This was not one of those times. It was just tofu, which was fried. No salt, no vinegar, no spice, nothing. The sauce it came with...sweet sauce, didn't do too much to add to the texture or the flavor. I'd rather have had it at home, and made my own spices mix.

The entree was eggplant dish. With a whole lot of fried tofu. The fried tofu in this dish was a thousand times better. The entire item was extremely mediocre.

The rice we ordered on the side was clumpy and stale. I'm a big fan of exquisite rice, but this one looked boring, old, and annoyed. Also, my friend dropped a small ball of rice on the table, and it bounced right back. Which should be suspicious.

In terms of staff interest, nobody wanted to be there, quite clearly, and they were all involved either in video calls, or phone calls, right through serving us.

Still, not an awful place, might go there at least once more to make sure my judgment has been accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.