Chill extremely unproductive Friday, pizza night, rants with R, youtube and timewasters, sleep [Fri 22]

 Got up at 7.30, wasted time until 8.30 listening to podcasts, waiting in my line for the toilet etcetera.

Work was extremely slow and lazy, also I didn't do what I was supposed to do because we had a big issue going on and everybody was involved in fixing it.

For lunch I had an apple, two oranges and a banana. It was lazy but healthy. Also a couple of handfuls of nuts and raisins.

In the afternoon after work ended I napped for like twenty minutes, now I understand what a powernap means because it was so refreshing, there was no need to sleep early, thought it felt like it the entire day. I went to the Italian place nearby got two juicy amazing sicilian slices and ran through them. So goddamn good, ooof, that is the best, it's the best pizza I've ever had, and costs almost exactly as much as 7/11 pizza too, which...tastes like cardboard box and cheesy molten material by comparison.

Didn't go for walks. Skipped out on the meditation by 'cheating' with putting something else on. The motivation was still quite low.

In the evening R came over, talked to R and roommate BB for a couple of hours, watched the crown, discussed non profits in Nepal, British history, the situation of public education in the united states etc etc.

Back in my room I watched and listened to like three maybe four hours of Aisling bea content on youtube before going to bed. Sleep was extremely easy to come by.

So now my problem is not sleep but motivation, like it's always been. The recovery has been slow in this one, usually it takes me a week or two, it's taken me three weeks to be back fully and even then I'm not there yet. Need to work on it.

The other problem has been that I usually listen to podcasts on my walk, which is also the time when I do my groceries. The walk feel 'productive' because they're physical activity while also listening to something good, so after coming back there's a lot of energy and motivation to do other things as well. When I don't go on walks, I end up consuming the content anyway, but feel guilty about it which takes away my motivation, which means the other important tasks like writing and meditation don't get done. It's a vicious circle that I intend to end soon.

But aaa Aisling Bea ehh what a pairson, what a pairson. Gonna talk to my Irish coworkers about her during the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.