Sound asleep, extremely busy day, pasta lunch, yucky dinner, no walk, disenchantment and smoking and crying, good sleep schedule [Fri 15]

 I write this on the morning of Sunday the 17th. I've covered up for not writing on Friday, and this is the last post remaining for the day. A journal post for Saturday after this, and I'm only 2 posts behind 'caught up'. This wasn't what new year was supposed to be like, as they say, man proposes, somebody else disposes. Yadda yadda yadda.

Got up shockingly, surprisingly fresh, and full of energy. Because this was when I thought I barely slept for three or four hours. It was quite confusing really, I mean yeah I was out of the bed at 8.30 whatever, but up since 7.30, full of vigor and energy. Weird, sometimes.

For lunch I had either pasta with my butternut squash sauce, I'm a little tired of the gourd, having eaten it for the good majority of the last week. It's time I took a break from it. Going forward I'm thinking of making it the main part of any meal so it's not getting extended over the course of many weeks. That's the only way to tolerate it.

Or I may have had yogurt with fruits and a little bit of sugar. Because I had that either on Friday or Thursday, and I didn't take pics to validate. Not like this is an inexhaustible record of all of my meals, but since I started feeling quite well all of a sudden, I'm betting on the diet having to do something with it. Or it could have been the apple I bit into one of those days, need to keep those in mind. Should have a fruit at least one every day. Again, a reminder to myself that since I'm in a better health form I need to get back to my checklists. It was the best way I've discovered to keep in discipline.

Work was challenging, because of the fact that I was feeling so energetic and motivated, I deployed code that shouldn't have gone yet, which broke a couple of things, and I kept working through the day, until like 7 in the evening. So pathetic, I know.

Because of the hard work and this being Friday, I skipped on the walk as well, third day in a row. Cheated on the meditation by playing a short clip but not actually doing.

For dinner I had grits, that were slightly undercooked than regular. With eggs, kimchi, soy sauce, butter, the regular. I'm guessing it's the hardness and grittiness of the grain that caused me stomach troubles later. The flavor was fine, no complaints there, but there was uhh minor stomach situation, thank god there was nobody else in the house for the evening. Roommate PK had gone to ND's and Bb to Maine.

And then I sat down and watched the recently released part of disenchantment, and midnight gospel. Smoked a lot, didn't get high, still cried at the midnight gospel episode.

Went to bed slightly after 12, didn't have too much trouble sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.