The podcasts have been really killing it as of late, wonder what the future's going to be like

So I was listening to the Conan O Brien podcast earlier today, ended up listening to it twice, since I went to Wegmans and didn't have anything light to put on.

They were talking about how podcasts have become so massive, all the performers, comedians and improvisers have started their own shows, and podcasts have become launching grounds for content in other media. Think headspace, which started as an app with audio content and is now a show, duncan trussel magic hour which was a podcast and a strange one at that for many years until netflix picked it up as a show. So many more, apparently it's a great way to show to the producers with the big wads of cash that you have a prebuilt audience, a proven business model and that the content is not just fanciful ramblings of writers and creatives on coke etcetera.

I'm down with that. While on one hand maybe that increases the threshold for the common guy to start making a new show, it also encourages everybody to start making their own podcasts and shows, and cross-contamination of various media is always an interesting exploration of old technologies and new ones, and how the pandemic will have shaped our media ecosystem. Earlier in the pandemic we talked about how the podcast listening had gone down since nobody was commuting anymore, but it appears people are listening to them more than ever since they're so bored and there's too much content on various tv apps, and also all the famous smart funny people have their own podcasts.

The office ladies podcasts was an absolute killer too, so funny and on point, and so was hdtgm. And the scrubs podcast, which I'm not the biggest fan of, it's got ups and downs, was a solid solid one as well. michael scott paper comapny podcast has been solid, and so have been a bunch of other miscellaneous pods that've been out.

Maybe I should start one too, like the one where I talk to women. Only problem would be to find women to talk to me, we'll see how that's gonna go.

Mike Birbiglia on Conan's podcast was absolutely hilarious, he was working a bit too hard it felt like but who cares, he absolutely killed, whatever worked he had put into it paid off in several multiples. And Paul Scheer was on 3 Questions with Andy Richter, that was a good one.

Taskmaster podcast, yet another unexpectedly great podcast. I've been controlling my consumption of the series, youtube in general because productivity has been through the floor, it's been drilling deep into the magma, core of the earth, and all because I'm absolutely obsessed with the tv show and the funny comedians. the website won't even work on my phone, and I'm not in front of my computer for often enough to make a difference.

Are the days going past to fast? Something to start worrying about?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.