Texas pete hot sauce a review

This is a great goddamn hot sauce, my favourite.

I first had it at work, last year though oh how time flies alas, at my favorite sandwich place located in the ground floor of my office. I discovered that I could up the game with my regular optimized sandwiches by adding a packet or two of texas pete sauce, those small pouches.

Now we have those at home, and I almost can't do an egg sandwich or burrito without those.

What I like the most about the sauce is that it's sour without being vinegary, spicy without overwhelmingly numbing, a bit sweet, a bit savory. It's got everything in there, but the spicy-sourness rules, and cuts through the egginess. And it doesn't drench the bread it's in.

Lets compare it to say, Frank's hot sauce. This one's better because Frank's gives you an overwhelmingly strong 'whiff' of sorts right on the nose. It's not unpleasant, no no no it's one of the best things about buffalo chicken and as such but that's not what you want for your breakfast. Breakfast needs to be milder, lighter, more tolerable. The edges need to be less sharp. And that's what it is. A milder, sourer, less vinegary and sweeter version of your standard hot sauce.

The ridiculously cute cartoon and illustrations associated with the brand doesn't hurt either.

The funny thing is, the only food item I've found it to go with really well is breakfast sandwich. Or sandwiches of sorts, generally but not much else. Kinda' strange, but I guess that's what they were designed for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.