The poetry gifting went pretty well all the things considered

My idea of gifting everybody near and dear to be poetry collections by Hafiz/Landinsky was a novel one at least for folks i know. Because people aren't generally into poetry, not least somebody few people have heard of. And their taste in poetry I don't know, so it was unclear if it would be accepted.

It turns out it's worked out far better than I could have hoped. N has been taking photos of his favourite poems and putting them up on the 'Gram which is a big deal because he usually doesn't put non-essential and interesting things in there. And NG have been having poetry evenings where they'll read the poems to each other and bask in the light and warmth of the magical gift of Hafiz. Haa. Because the book is called the gift, gettit gettit.

Sk sent me some pics of the poems she really enjoyed, to her I sent the more spiritual one, just as I did to J, who's not super into it because she's tired of all the god-this and god-that, I tried pointing out poems aren't meant to be taken literally literally specially with a slippery fish as hafiz/landinsky and when he refers to god, it might as well mean a beloved or a lover since there is no occasion when they won't fit. Dunno, poetry isn't for everybody and I'm a poem skeptic myself, and people have different tastes.

Still to hear back from SS, I'm certain they've enjoyed it a bunch and are grateful for it, because that's the kind of person they've been. It is a matter of a few short weeks before I get a short text or a photo message thanking, with a shot of their favorite poem. Call me a confident asshole, and I'll tell you to stick it up your butt. Because it's true, you know it's true, I'm right alright so gimme a break, jeeeez.

While we're on the topic of poetry, Srp has been reading before going to bed lately apparently, roommate PK has been inspired by him and says he'll be doing that as well though I have my doubts. He's too much into tiktok, and addict some may say, and it's hard to get out of the hole. I know because I used to be one. And also because I don't read either no matter how hard I convince myself that's going to be the plan for the next month or whatever. Will need to read, need to go back to scheduled life. That's what I'll be doing tomorrow, in addition to 'covering up' for the lack of posting yesterday. Ugh, yes I'm back to that, not writing regularly, and then doing a bunch of it all at once. Still, almost-daily is a thousand, billion times better than once a week, or a month, or barely over the course of a year. All is not lost. Yet, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.