Midnight gospel, emotions feels and the whole lot of it

Last night I took some of the gigglies, didn't feel anything. It was confusing shocking and a little disappointing. Wanted to feel the feels because the last two weeks or so have been tiring, discombobulating. So I did what needed to be done: watched the last episode of Midnight Gospel, the one about the guy's mother, lots of gigglies, and then cried so much. Really bawled my eyes out.

It'd been a while since I last cried, don't remember the last time I cried that satisfyingly. It was freeing. Gave me the feeeels, made me realize it's love love love love love, and only love that'll set you free.

It's about philosophy and spirituality, and the old lady talks about a bunch of that stuff, a retired psychologist, it's rather enduring, the audience knows she dies later, and they both do, so it was really touching.

Looked into the podcast that was adapted into the show, and it was a little...disappointing. They're too...much...into conspiracy theories, into alternative-science frameworks. For folks claiming to be into forgiveness and love for all and spirituality and all of that, they're...not into that kinda' things. Reality is a disappointment, the animated series on netflix is so much better.

I cried, that's the gist of it. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.