So I'm back on twitter to slide into DM's and it's not working

The title gave away the whole story, oooppps. So I got back into twitter because of all this election and jan20 situation, wanted to be in touch with the pulse of the country, got my friends and roommates to add me on twitter, and went about adding a couple of new people on twitter. And then changed my profile deets so it was very clear I was on only to slide into people's DM's.

Now all I do is make witty hilarious and incredibly smart comments on people's tweets, make it a regular thing, and soon enough they'll be wanting to talk to me more and more, just me without the rest of the crap gang and we're DM'ing, telling each other what we're eating and watching and ooomigod this thing that happened today at work it was so stupid but okay don't judge me when I tell you okay because I know I might look like the guilty party here but if you let me finish the entire way through you'll know that I was actually the victim, etcetera. And very soon you're meeting each other giggling porking all of that.

So that was the plan right.

It's not working. Not at all. I make witty comments, emojis likes retweets and what not, no response. Even make witty tweets of my own, nobody seems to care. I go about my world like a stranger, unseen and uncared for in the crazy world of twitter. Sliding into DM's seems to be a challenge harder than I predicted. What to do. I don't want to keep doing this because I'm addicted to twitter generally it's not a good idea to be stuck to it, but if I don't do it, it'll be like accepting defeat which is the worst. Also the hurt on my ego could be lethal.

I should take tutoring from my friend N in Philly, who is a champion in such things. Gotta reach out to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.