Early awake, insane writing, leftover lunch, long walk and two grocery trips, super88 and atlas market, kombucha batch, roommate catchup, simple rice dinner, schitt's creek, caught up [Sun 31]

 I write this at 11.55 of the same day, this is great, and I plan to have my shit together going forward. A little less sleep in the morning is fine, I'll get it covered over the rest of the day.

Got up at 8, napped a bit, listened to a bunch of podcasts.

Wrote a lot, and I mean a lot lot lot in the morning, so very proud of myself, it seems my mojo is back.

Took a nice long shower, heated water for kombucha and put in 24 teabags brewing for a couple of hours.

For lunch I took my roommates' potato rolls, a nice slice of American on one and a large chunk of salted butter on the other, and got them toasted. On the side, warmed my egg-bean curry with parmesan cheese. Put the curry inside the bread, and had the yummiest 'pav bhaji' of sorts. It was so filling, I didn't feel hungry for the following nine hours.

Packed my bag, got ready for the freezing cold winter day, and set out to the Atlas Market in Malden, it's a Middle Eastern Market. After walking for an hour, bought a jar of harissa, a large tahini, and a disappointing Turkish soda, thought of returning home. Discovered super88 was only 5 minutes away, dropped by the grocery store as well.

Spent a solid 45 minutes in the store, meant to get veggies and fruits, and also msg like I said in the previous post, but I completely forgot about it. Instead I got a jar of gochujang, a jar of sambal sauce, a jar of hot chilly sauce, a nice jar of furikake, a nice large packet of sorghum, the grain, some rice vinegar, and a KN95 mask, for my upcoming trip to Philly, to double up with my existing mask. The total bill was 25 bucks, which was slightly more than I was expecting for shit I didn't need, but no complaints, I haven't been to an Asian market in a really long time.

Got back home, unpacked everything. Caught up with roommate BB who was back from his weekend trip to ME. Bottled my batch of Kombucha in 15 minutes, using the optimized technique I talked about late last year. Only problem now is, I've been adding extra water to the jars since the big pot doesn't contain enough liquid to fill up the jars. Thinking if it might be worth it to work with two batches, or two pots. In any case, a new batch of kombucha should be ready in two weeks!

Caught up with BB and PK, watched the reminder of the second episode of the Tiger woods documentary. Had a simple rice and egg dinner, with a tonne of spics I brought today. Saw two episodes of Schitt's Creek, talked to roommate PK who had gone to AP's for the day. Called it a night to write six posts here, brushed, and been writing here since, with like a pause for meditation, glad I'm doing it again. Tomorrow's looking good, as long as I don't give myself too much benefit of doubt sleep-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.