Fable: The Jackal and the elephant make an investment

The Jackal was roaming the forest, looking to trick yet another jungle creature into one of his scams. He had recently tricked the Lion, who was under the impression that he had invested two million dollars into this hip startup everybody would be gushing about, but actually all that money had been funneled into the Jackal's slush fund.

Anyway so the Jackal sees the elephant who was walking towards him, and thought to trick the creature. He said, oh hey brother, you look bored and tired, everything good with you? The elephant replied:it's alright brother, not just feeling totally okay these days. The jackal said: oh hey sorry about that, yeah if it's money problems, leave me with it. Somebody I know has this startup that promises to double your money, whatever amount you put in, over the period of a week, let me know if you want into that. The elephant thought for a moment, and said: that sounds too good to be true, but I'll put in a thousand dollars. He wrote the jackal a check for the amount, and went by his own way.

A week later, the Jackal came to the elephant with two thousand dollars. He said to the elephant: hey brother, here's your money. You know since you have this money doubling business already, might as well put in. There's so much interest in there, now they're limiting the number of investors. Only people with ten thousand dollars or more can put money in, so that might be a problem. The elephant thought about that for a moment and said: I've already made two thousand, if I lose I'll lose eight, I'll make twelve thousand net, that seems like a good bet, I'll take it!

The jackal came to the elephant with twenty thousand dollars. Oh hey brother, here's your money, well done on the investment, you were one of the front-seat investors who really helped the company, and now they're not taking any more money, congratulations. Fortunately for you, because you were one of the first investors, they're still taking money, for only more than a hundred thousand dollars, so feel free to go ahead with the investment, or keep the money you have in the bank making very low interest rates, he told the elephant.

Hmm, the elephant said, I have half a million dollars, but I need to put in two-fifty thou to complete this stage with another company, after which I'm gonna get all my money back, do you mind setting up the contract, in case you don't trust me, I can have the money come into my account, and straight to yours if you want. I can sign the contract and everything too, the elephant said. 

Ohh no no, don't worry, the Jackal said salivating. Of course I'll provide the money, and then you can give me the rest of the money for the uhh..investment...when everything is figured out, congratulations on the investment by the way, this is the last opportunity with the company. 

Within a week of getting the money from the Jackal, the elephant passed away due to infection caused by food-borne viruses. The Jackal lost a huge part of his savings.

Moral of the story: don't be a greedy fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.