A day off work and the need for a reset

It's one of those situations. I wrote the title yesterday or the day before, and now I'm writing the article today and things have happened since. What I was thinking when writing the title was that I was all over the place, unable to focus and think straight, perhaps the lack of security situation around me had gotten to me and I needed a rest and reset from work. A mini-cation. Then yesterday I mentioned the whole insecurity thing to one of the managers at job and he strongly recommended I take time off of work. Last night I went to bed so very late and the sleep was extremely light and not very comfortable either. Which meant I took time off work today.

I was sleeping basically until midday, suggesting perhaps I was not as well as I had anticipated. I'm beginning to suspect that it's a combo of the awful weather, the security situation, and the lack of rest that's done me in. My physical activity has gotten way more intense than stable state, but my rest has decreased or remained the same. That's not right. If I'm to increase my workouts, I gotta bump up the rest too.

The day off has been awesome, we'll see how tomorrow works out, might take off Friday as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.