The increasing need to be fit

 A little more than three weeks into taking yoga classes and I feel much stronger. I can feel the muscles in my arms straining and growing, I can feel the triceps take shape. There is greater power in the muscles, an increased stamina in the body. It's wonderful to feel this way again.

And the greatest feeling of strength is when one tightens their biceps and there's a sensation of fullness and tightness in the upper arm, oh how great that feels. That's where I was at four years ago right before covid, but then everything happened and I let go. Now thanks to Yoga I want to feel strong again, feel the power, feel the growth of arm muscles too. The walks will be for my cardiac health etcetera, I want to build a better musculature just to feel better.

My pushups have been disrupted, mostly because I am left with no energy after doing all the yoga lately. Thinking I should start some sort of (limited) personal workout again, to build greater strength. While yoga will take me all the way, I can complement it by building strength and stamina and work towards proper posture by myself too. Just as my pushups and situps have helped in my yoga, I should let the yoga practice drive my muscle-group specific workouts. Upper body and arms is where it needs to be at. Even if it's just for fifteen minutes a day, it's urgent to get back into it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.