Plans, considerations, hopes, of a move out

Ah yes, I've kind of hinted at this in the several preceding posts, but lets get on it right away. I'm considering moving out, after the lease that's been recently signed, ends next year. Places for future living are potentially nicer places in this town, expensive but less stressful, or even other cities including NYC.

NYC has never before been in serious consideration as a destination for a move. It was ever too expensive, too noisy, too tiring, not ever worth it. Now the calculus has changed. I'm not much more well-off than I was before, but my priorities have been reshaped. I'd be okay spending a much larger part of my earnings in a nice living situation if it meant the experience was worth it. It's understood that the rental market in the city is extremely shitty and competitive, specially in places where one might want to live, but that's okay. I will understand the market and decide accordingly. Right now I want to be IN the city, hopefully nearby where my friends are. My goal is to have fun and be a bit of a night owl obviously, but also appreciate nature a lot more, and be privileged enough to go on long nature walks right inside the city.

As SK said in a recent call, actually being in the city in your early thirties is perfect because that's when people can really afford to live there, and for most people it's the first time they are single, happy to explore opportunities, at a financially stable, and emotionally mature stage in their lives. That is...so very alluring to me. If those are facts, I'm easily sold.

All else remaining constant, obviously. Hopefully a decent raise in one's payment is on the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.