The importance of focusing further on visualizatioin

I've surely written about this in the past. Savers technique is now a critical part of my daily schedule, so much so that it's quite close to becoming a 'grounding activity' or one of those activities I don't feel 'right' if not done every day. Visualization is one part of the technique. I have discussed the potential of such a technique ever since I started writing here. In the original form there was a lack of clarity on how meditation before an activity would help me be better at it, but then the concept of 'visualizing success, vividly' came up. I've been doing it for 'big picture success' projects, but now I'm thinking it might be more effective for every day tasks as well.

It's actually a way more commonly used technique than I had imagined. In fact it's less of a exotic technique it appears than just the standard toolset almost everybody uses. Just imagine what success looks like, whether it be the next 20 minutes, or the next 20 years, and 'see' it in your mind's eye in explicit vivid terms. Feel the temperature, smell the smells, hear the voices, really make yourself feel that what you desire is really happening, and be prepared to be overwhelmed, or experience the emotions it brings you. Then let those emotions drive those actions.

It's obviously not as easy as it sounds, and needs lots of practice to get better. TO get started is hard, to get it done the right way is challenging, and actually getting it to multiply your productivity in meaningful sense even harder. But once it starts working, it's an engine that keeps on giving and giving and giving.

Next project is to see if I can visualize success for even the smallest of projects, like writing for an hour. Spending 5 minutes to save oneself 55 minutes of high-quality work is a great tradeoff that doesn't even warrant a rethinking. Just need the motivation to do it every single time. Therein lies the trouble, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.