Oh right, Covid is still a thing

 Friend SA and N were invited to PG's place yesterday but they couldn't come. SA was stricken by covid. I'd forgotten that it was still in the population, that there's still outbreaks of it. It's been four years, and they've developed so many vaccines for it, but we haven't been able to get rid of it permanently. Guess it works the same as Influenza of 1919 or whatever. It becomes a seasonal thing that you need to take your shots for every year, and hope you don't get unlucky. The fortunate thing is I haven't caught it since...two years ago, but I was a bit alarmed that people are getting bedridden and seriously ill due to it.

Guess my 'social isolation' strategy of not really hanging out with people in recent times was a good way to live, huh? Will be writing on something similar soon, where I argue actually, no, that's a terrible way to live, and I need to change how I'm doing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.