help, help, productivity issues befuddle me

This is the same old moan and complain about how not-great recent times have been in personal growth, and how the only thing going on at the moment appears to be yoga. Which is quite honestly, great, but one wonders, at what cost? At intense introduction to yoga, two hours daily has made me realize I love it, and would like to do it for the rest of my life, that is certain. The million-dollar question is: what is messing everything else up, yoga, or my general drive unrelated to it?

It's not that I've given in to random doom-scrolling, information-addiction, or general pointless behavior, the junk food of information in the fast. Junk food of that sort was the bread and butter of my information consumption in the past. I'm an adult now, a responsible person with dreams goals and ambitions, and there is a certain direction I want my life to take. With that, is it sensible to let myself indulge in these pointless, self-harming, stressful and wasteful pasttimes? One wonders.

The thing about writing is, I shouldn't even be counting the posts, it should be sit down for 1.5-2 hours a day, at these and these times, don't worry about everything else, start the timer, write. You don't need to worry about the topic, you don't need to worry about the quality, don't concern yourself with other nonsense. You are here to write, to dive deep in this brilliant world of imagination, don't let yourself be bounded by time or worries about anything else.

Then why have I forced myself to have such a narrow, focused, and unfortunately pointless attitude to writing where nothing gets done, and what gets done doesn't fulfill me? ?What gives?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.