Google's changed their maps app, that's gonna complicate journaling, need to find some other flow

This is a bit annoying, but ah so be it.

I have done journal posts for the last two-ish years or so by looking at google maps location history, for it shows my location by the minute, as well as images that go with it. So I combine my location data and the photos I took then to 'reconstruct' events the following day or so, and write about them. I can't do that anymore because basically google removed the feature on the desktop, and on mobile the photos-and-location feature isn't available at all.

What this means is I cannot be doing past journals anymore, not in the way that's been the habit for the last few years. Every days journal entry must, MUST come at the day end, even if it's not on this blog then on my personal device, in the notes, somewhere. It's of the utmost importance to go back to taking notes, jotting points of interests, and basing my days on those. I cannot count on my digital clutter to reconstruct my days, and use them as the North star.

It's not going to be easy, and I might fall down for a long while, but there's no other way to do it. I must improve as a person, as a journal-ist, as a writer and a note-taker for the journal posts to get better. Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.