Lost in the woods: how might I quickly return to my schedule, my grounding activities in the future?

The problem is that whenever my routine changes, if I add tiring or time-consuming events into my timetable, or I remove formerly useful or time-consuming things, my productivity goes way way below. And by productivity I mean my happiness, groundedness, general satisfaction with life.

So I must ask myself: what can I do to improve them? How do I get adapting to changing circumstances more quicker? I've identified a couple of grounding activities: walking, meditation, and writing. I must never, ever quit them. Even on rough days I must write, write write, because they give structure to my days. Then if I organize the new activities around the grounding activities, while not compromising my peace-oriented practice, I can more easily incorporate them.

On the other hand, if some productive activities disappear from my schedule, the lazy bum, the depressed version of me wants to take over and do nothing. Instead, I must expand my mindful practice. Write more, write interesting things, walk more, walk longer and more intensely. And oh meditation. Start visualizing exciting things that'd be done in the free time, things that would lead me to a wonderful future, make me happy, and vividly imagine all the sounds smells feels and emotions that'd flow through me. Manifest my new reality to occupy a new opened space in my life.

That's how I can ground, and rebuild my schedules.

Hopefully it'll be tested and proven in NYC in a few weeks ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.