Saywee first delivery review and evals

So. I got my first Saywee delivery today. It's the online Asian grocery store that I wrote about a few weeks ago, and I want to just explain how the whole process went, and what I might expect in the future.

First, the ordering was pretty easy. The prices were decent (more on that later) except for some remarkable exceptions on either end, and they waived all the fees (including delivery ones) and gave me a 10-dollar off on total purchase. Which made the deal irresistible to me. So I ordered about $65 worth of items, things that would otherwise have been carried home uphill from Hau Hau market.

It was delivered within two days, free of charge. So that's a great selling point, seeing as I've been procrastinating going to the Asian market for two weeks now. I could just do an order today, when bored, and expect to see it in a blink of an eye in terms of productive time spent. The weight of the whole package must have been hmmm..I don't want to overstate things, but at least 30lbs. It wouldn't have been a single grocery trip for me, nuh uh, no way. Or it'd have made for a miserable journey. So the fact that it was all avoided is a brilliant plus point.

They got all the items delivered, the veggies and the perishables were packaged with dry ice. It was my first 'hands-on' experience with the substance, so I had a good ole' time playing with it. The packaging was a bit much, but what's the other option? I didn't mind the packaging all told, and everything was clean and properly, way better than I would have brought them from the store.

In terms of pricing. I definitely overpaid for kimchi, paid gallon-jar price for much lesser kimchi. That I knew. Everything else was kinda...alright? Their sprouts are absurdly overpriced compared to Hau Hau, but they do look better and drier. I didn't buy bitter-gourd and eggplant, but then the ones at the local market are affordable likely due to their uhh quality. Great deal with cilantro and green onions though. For about sixty bucks, the amount of food received was highly satisfactory. This will take me through the next two weeks easy (in terms of Asian shopping).

I highly, highly rate the experience, and should the prices and fees continue to be this affordable, there's no question as to whether I'll order again. But I find that to be highly unlikely. Either way, lets keep our fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.