How am I feeling after 4 belly-dancing classes? Lessons for life

With the recpass classes, the idea was to take as many variety of workouts as possible, but in the end I took only yoga classes, a zumba session, and four belly dancing hours. The previous post was about yoga, in this I'll discuss belly dancing classes.

The first class was overwhelming, I didn't have a clue where I was at, and was quite lost. The second was a bit better in that I knew what I was missing, but also awful as the discovery that this wasn't meant for me came through. The third class was the least good, as the shawls and everything just confused me, couldn't coordinate the head, hip, foot and hand movements. The fourth lessons was the best because I came around. It turns out I wasn't as bad as I had feared, and while it did take me quite a long time to memorize the steps, eventually one is beginning to see the pattern. It's as much a mental thing as it is physical. I need to improve my approach of it, come at it with a better mindset. Be more open-minded to learn new stuff.

So will I take it again next academic year? Absolutely! It was stressful for a lesson or two, but it's okay, that's a safe-space to make mistakes. If I don't make such low-stake errors and chances, then when will I actually get out of my comfort zone. This is the best chance to learn a new skill that I've been quite bad at since childhood. To retrain my emotional response, my physical response, and mental attitude. Be more receptive to learning physical steps. To not overthink things.

Zumba is just jumping around. This class was serious. I'm eagerly waiting for the next quarter in the fall when this class is offered again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.