The trouble I've been having with writing

And once again this week I thought, ugh no I don't want to write, not today. And said it the next day, and the next day. And the next day. And the next day. Until there was so much catchup to do I literally couldn't hold it anymore. The day I had to write it, anyhow, I kept moving it out to the very evening, end of the day, right before sleepytimes, so I couldn't avoid it anymore. So much problem writing. It's going to be written in the next post on what the solution is. But my approach is all wrong. It's not about the quality of the posts, or the novelty, or the ideas. It's not even about original observations, or understanding more about myself. Why it matters is because writing is supposed to be a daily habit, a meditation practice, a grounding event that I am unable to do everyday because I make stupid goals (5 posts a day) and focus more on the ends (the count) than the means (the process of producing it). That messes up my motives because I feel confident in getting all bashed out in one long sitting instead of daily writings. The daily writings ARE the point, eh nonstop writing every so often isn't.

But I'm learning, getting to know myself. Understanding how to work with the head on the top of my neck. Seeing what works and what does not. Forcing all posts into the final few minutes is not the way, therein lies danger, frustration and craziness. We can be better at this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.