New rent is signed, no negotiation or anything

I was so stressed out on the week ending on the 18th, and one of the reasons might have been, I theorized, that the fact that my rent was being increased and I didn't know what would come off it as I hadn't signed the renewed lease yet. So I just signed it. If I'd just like negotiated the lease as they had asked me to do months ago, I mighta saved myself so much money, and then headache and uncertainty, I chose to get rid of uncertainty and pay way over the asking amount probably, while not being super proactive. It's fine, the amount is still less than I was willing to pay like three years ago, though ideally my living situation would improve. I'm finding more and more faults and compromises that I'm making to maintain my current situation. It's going to be a wise decision to just move away from here, to another place possibly at a higher price point but that gives me more peace, or even away from Seattle. More on this later, but this used to be unimaginable: moving to a new place or a new town, but it's being considered actively. There's too much crime and drugs and just random violence and noise and massive expenses for me to be comfortable with my existence here. I'd rather go back East and take the brutal winters if my life was more peaceful and predictable and relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.