No book, no worry, downloading returned Library books to retain control over circumstances

 Part of the freakout of the last week and the one before may have been triggered by the fact that all of the 'good books' that I waited weeks and months to borrow all got returned automatically without me finishing them. It was because well...I hadn't been reading for weeks because of everything else happening, and the 'loss of control' caused by all the books might have caused me unexpected anxiety.

So, we must retain control over our surroundings and circumstances. I did what I did way back, but hadn't in more recent times not since using the Library app anyway. I uhh downloaded the books into my device and read them as if they'd been borrowed from the library. Not ideal, but one must move forward, and it was the only option available for the moment. At least it's brought me back to the reading habit.

My 35-day reading habit and streak was broken quite recently. I will get back to it, I'm on day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.