Changing default search apps and strategies

Quick note and it might be a big deal in the future, but whatever. I changed by default search engine in the cellphone and my personal device to be duckduckgo instead of google. Because google's started sucking so much, with their ai-generated results and so forth. Google images has been a third-grade product for quite some time now, and now the main product has degraded significantly in experience that I have considered my most basic daily tool. Still need to make the changes in the work computer: there I disabled the default behavior and forced google to do the 'web only, old style' search strategy. But even then, who knows how long they'll keep it for.

One another thing: I also changed my search app on the mobile, and replaced it with browser. So there's no 'other' place for search anymore. It's all in my browser. If it means I might end up using my browser a little more, so be it. But I'll need to learn to go without using google search in the future. Such a pity, they used to be so good too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.