Met my editor and made a few plans

Late in the evening on Sunday I met my prospective editor. We discussed the approach to getting my posts edited, the developmental workflow and pricing. His rates were twice of what I was anticipating, but we're going to be doing that for 12 hours and then it's up for reconsideration. He needs to take his rates down significantly for the relationship to be worth the costs for me, but we're open to negotiations.

Going forward it feels like he's going to be more of a writing instructor as I hoped to get sometime last week or before that, than somebody who will actually properly edit my pieces. As in, he will teach me to improve my writing, how to come up with a good framing and so forth, instead of actually doing the work. I like it better because my goal is to become a better writer generally, and not make my blog the best-edited piece in the world, so it feels right/write.

He seemed skeptical about the whole situation, which is just so perfect because you don't want people collaborating you to be too eager, possibly more so than you are yourself. You need people to push you hard on your projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.