Oh the weekend soreness and sickness wasn't caused by yoga, it was caused by the gardening in the park

As I write this on Tuesday, I've missed Yoga four days in a row. Friday I missed because it was the weekend and I was tired. Saturday because of the day of service work which was way more tiring than I anticipated. Sunday I was still sore from the day before, and friend AS had come over and we were hanging out. And the classes were missed on Monday because I was quite ill and slept for many hours in the afternoon. Though even without that I'd have to see friends in the evening, so that was a lost cause. I'm heading out for a class today in fifteen minutes.

So I was sore on Sunday, and I attributed that to intense yoga last week. But it dawned on me slowly that the yoga wasn't the cause. It was the gardening on Saturday where I bent my back for hours and used hands for pretty strenuous physical work. Something I haven't done for years. Yes, gardening is my hobby and I used to be able to do it for hours without hurting myself. But I don't have the body of a 12 yearold (though my pudgy tummy disagrees), and I must be mindful of the situations I put it in.

Oh well. I've had enough rest at least, and ready for hours of intense yoga!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.