Sleepless grumpy new years day, healthy lentil breakfast, zhu's dinner, youtube hole [Fri 1]

 I write this exactly two days after the events of this day. We're going to be pretty light on the details here, since not much happened.

I went to sleep at 6.30 in the morning, got up at 10.30, grumpy and annoyed the whole day because the 4 hours were not peaceful either.

In the morning JD and I made the mixed beans lentils (15 beans maybe?). Onion, tomato, lacking in garlic and a whole lot of spices, lots of ghee, fried the beans for a bit, then used jwaano or whatever with ghee to pour it over. It was well-liked, they said it tasted better because of the tomato though I couldn't taste it.

Over the course of the day, I tried hard at going to sleep, couldn't. Made a half-hearted attempt at meditating, sorta, to not lose the streak was the goal. Got into this deep deep hole of Nepali youtube videos, where they find people who've run away from their families and try uniting them. The number of 14-yearolds who 'ran away' with men in their mid-twenties after a meeting, and were abandoned by their families was very disturbing. It was very very very disturbing. I got into an even grumpier mood. The conclusion from all of this has been to never ever ever look at the Nepali videos again. Which maybe is the wrong reason, but that's what I took out of it alright.

In the evening we decided to order from Zhu's an Asian vegan restaurant. Walked for 20-ish minutes to Brookline village, picked it up and back, it was so goddamn filling, enough for the following day too. JD really really liked it, the rest of us thought it was pretty great too but not awesome.

We watched tv etcetera, and went to bed pretty early on. Because of my sleep issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.