Be water, my friend: I gotta put myself more out there, in uncomfortable situations

 Reminder to self: read the Be Water My Friend book written by Bruce Lee's daughter about his attitude to life and putting yourself in uncomfortable situation.

I've noticed that I've been in outstandingly comfortable circumstances in recent times, if I'm not feeling uncomfortable, if I'm not stretching the limits of my ability to cope with changing circumstances and adapt to new conditions, I'm not learning or growing. It's nice to be comfortable but that means your adaptability goes away: aka if things don't go your way, you'll really really struggle to adapt and have a bad time. So putting one beyond one's comfort zone regularly is a good way to learn to adapt generally speaking.

I gotta do that now. For that I've decided I want to take standup class, possibly dance class and acting class as well, volunteer in local places, and just force myself to talk to people and be more comfortable around new situations. Plus learn new techniques to put myself beyond the safety of comfort zone.

More incoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.