I'm kinda stuck with my stupid, awesome apartment

This is going to sound crazy but here it goes anyway.

After my visa situation is figured out, which could be any day or week now, I'm planning on going to Ktm to get my visa renewed -- I know the waiting times are at 400+ days right now but I'll get the emergency appointment. And then the idea is to visit Europe, ideally a couple of months somewhere in Portugal or UK or wherever, particularly fond of Lisbon right now, everybody's saying great things about the place. Lots of Nepalis, lots of Americans, and of course lots of Portugese, and also affordable, nice and friendly place.

In case the Europe plan doesn't work out, I could also take a couple of months doing working vacation, going to different places staying at AirBnb's or hostels and traveling after work. It'd be cool and I'd get to see the country in a whole different light.

The problem -- and I've warned you this is going to be a stupid one so don't look at me like I'm an idiot -- is what to do about my apartment.

See, my apartment is cheap enough that I don't want to let go of it because it'd be pretty tricky to find something in a similar location at a similar price range. I know newer residents of this building are already paying a couple of hundos more than I currently do anyway. However, it's definitely not cheap enough for me to pay the rent for several months without actually living in it. Four months worth of rent is like a LOT of money.

Which brings up a conundrum.

I could leave the place and have lots of fun and save all that money for the rent and spend in travel and accommodations, but when I come back I'll have no place to stay, and when I do find a new apartment, I'll have to pay lots of money. If I leave the place, then I'll also have to reset the whole place, and moving to a new place is always harder than you think and you can take months to properly 'feel at home' in it. And then there's the matter of what I do with my belongings. i could get rid of them because they're not too pricey but then starting from scratch will be a pain. i could put them in the storage but I'd have to use helpers moving out and moving in to a new place, and that adds up the cost. Plus, where would I move to anyway?

The most ideal situation for me would be to sublet the apartment so I can leave it in trusty hands without having to worry about the money, and come back to the same ole' place without worrying about the logistics of it. But where to find such a reliable person? What if they mess shit up, what if they refuse to leave, what if they create problems? Man, subletting WOULD solve a lot of my problems. Wonder where I can look for leasees.

So I'm now stuck with my stupid awesome apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.