Mt Si Hike

 Mt. Si Hike kicked out butts!

We started a bit late, but at least there was full canopy until pretty much the top. The top was alright, there was maybe 10 minutes of 'scrambling', which wasn't terrible but we didn't know there was a 'better' place to be, to complete the trail so that was a bit of a bummer. We drank more 2.5 litres of water each, so glad we carried a gallon each. The problem there was that we both were carrying 30lb each so that was a lot of stress on our knees.

We finished the hike in 4.25 hours. The uphill climb was easier than the return trip, somehow, the legs didn't hurt, it didn't feel as strenuous. The downhill hike was insane, lots of pressure on the knees, this is actually the ideal trail for walking sticks, that would have made our journey a lot quicker and less painful. And the final thing was, because I was drinking so much water, I had to pee a lot, which would have been fine, except I had to poop too, and it was really tough holding both at the same time, plus the bladder shyness showed up. Finally I relieved myself urinally, so that I could concentrate on holding my poop back. It was suuuuch a relief to poop at the trailhead because I legit thought I'd have to poop my pants, or in the woods, and it would be awful, and I'd loose my favourite pair of undies. Yeah that's how bad it got, all because of the Chipotle I had before leaving and so much water that was drunk, plus the extra weight that I had on my back.

All things considered, if I were to do it again, I'd probably either carry sticks or have nothing on my back. Also do it a lot slower, because the return trip was not at all fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.