Making new friends in Seattle

 I gotta make local friends around here, homigos.

Thing is, mot of the people, and I mean pretty much everybody I know in Seattle is because of connections created in school, before college. Besides Sb of course, who is family and therefore doesn't count and wc who was my roommate in college for 3(!) years, so that cannot be counted either. My only independent connection in this town is Bc and that's a very small connection to the outside world, she herself is new to town and without too many connections etcetera, so that cannot be considered a 'thing' per se.

And WC, when I met him the other day reminded me of the 'seattle freeze' thing where you cannot really befriend people who you meet in meetups or bars etcetera because everybody gets gloomy and tired and lame and things don't workout for one reason or another. So you have to find an interest group. Such as of course what I'll be taking soon, the standup comedy class, or writing classes, or even dance classes I'm considering taking. I'm relly beginner, and by that my body is like a collection of improperly coordinated stick, but still I can improve my form and flexibility.

Make new friends, learn new skills and get myself out of the comfort zone, why would one not do this? Let's gooo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.