The Woodstock 99 documentary: A review

 It's a 3-4 part series in the style of the Fyre Festival documentaries, and it's enchanting, so difficult to leave the tv! It was a workday and it kept me transfixed. Lovely. Highly recommend. It's funny I hadn't heard about it all this time, but on the other hand a lot of those jokes involving 'woodstock' and then '99' under the breath make a lot more sense now. I mean of course the festival was going to crash and burn, it was a very transparent attempt to squeeze out as much money as possible from the woodstock 'brand' which in its starting was an organic community that setup ideals for two generations of deluded Americans, who missed out on the connection and love and other people, and only saw the sex drugs and exploitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.