The fight against Death

 I was reminded of this in the interview of Sarah Marshall in her episode of Movies to be Buried With with Brett Goldstein. I gotta listen to that once again because it was so goddamn good.

Couple of points she brought up that were quite interesting.

First, you think in your late twenties you're at a third of your life, but time passes much much faster when you're older so in terms of experience, you're way, way past a third, possibly even half or more.

Second, most people try to 'fast forward' through life, so the life they are living isn't memorable, it doesn't register. If you're watching youtube and netflix and wasting time doing other boring random trash to kill time, you aren't living, the life doesn't 'register'. You gotta create new experiences, new memories, and go to new locations to register new memories and experiences, do new activities and get yourself excited. To live longer, to really make the most out of your life, you need to put yourself out there, get the most of your life.

That is all. That's what I gotta remember.

I gotta get out of my head and meditate and live in the physical world, talk to real people and appreciate the wonderful life I've been given on a daily basis. Gotta remember this is never going to come and it's precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.