Classes ahead: planning my educational future

 Couple of classes confirmed that I'll take, and a couple of classes in the planning process. Here's my short term plans.

First, the engineering leadership with UW, that's happening freakin' finally after like six months of bothering my manager. It'll start in a month. Unfortunately I wanted to attend the classes in-person but the first course will have to be done online because I'll be in the East Coast for the festivals. But it's finally starting and I'm pumped. I'm looking forward to the education obviously and getting discounts for the golf offs and the boating etcetera, so I'll be saving a lot of monies in the activities I'm up to.

The second is of course the standup comedy course that I'm pumped up about. You can't teach art, but you can't teach the craft of creating art -- a lot of people don't need to be taught it, look at all the comedians and artists and moviemakers who never attend a day in the course of their related craft, but it still helps.

Was also planning on taking the group golf course UW was offering, the prices were super duper reasonable and I was so stoked but they got sold out extremely quickly so I'm kinda hosed on that matter. Perhaps they'll offer in November again or December, so that's something to look forward to.

Also really really want to take writing courses, somebody to guide me on my journey of writing because at this point I've gone as far as I can all by myself in my growth process and now there needs to be a guru or guide to set me on the right path. I have reached out to some folks in Kathmandu, and between the previous sentence and this I spent 40 minutes searching for writing courses here in Seattle, I think after I'm back I'll setup myself with something good and start working on the craft.

Finally I need to be in peak physical shape for...general reasons, and so I'm thinking of joining yoga and dance classes. I haven't found a good dance class that would meet my requirements, timing and generally the introductory nature it needs to be for me, but with all the guys being away soon, I'll need an occasion to find people to talk to and interact and do things with, so this is going to happen for sure, finally, freaking forever it took me to get to this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.