I really really need to figure out how to stay in my timetable when other people are around and when I don't have much personal space

 This is exactly what it says.

It's been over a couple of years since I noticed I go away from my routine and personal discipline and generally things one believes to be good for oneself when in the presence of family or some kind of company, or due to the lack of totally personal space where I can practice my hobby, be it writing or walking or praying or working out. And that's awful.

The skill to adapt to changes and adjust one's timetable and habits to new circumstances is an important one that needs to be inculcated at an early age. And not just that, it's not just that my timetable is disrupted when I'm away or my personal space is not where it needs be, it's also the case that even AFTER I get back into my natural habitat, the old habits are hard to come back and it's really really hard to get into the rhythm that I disturbed.

To put it differently, I'm a man quite partial to daily habits and predictability, except when i get more than a month or three of it, I get tired of the geographical uniformity and need to find myself in a different location. I guess the lesson here is to understand how one can make rituals and habits portable, and implement that. Hmm something I gotta look into...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.