Crisis on the friend front

It's tricky, you know
You gotta do the right thing
And often that is
The tough thing
And people make mistakes
even when it's not their own
and when the doers are unwilling
to own up to it, and if there is
nothing else,
Somebody has to take a stand
and do things right,
Called me old fashioned
But somebody has to be the adult
Become a goddamn man
and right the wrongs
even if things might go south
in the long term.
But it's okay,
Responsibility is good
controlling damage is right
setting an example by doing
is the way to go.
So when the friend
asks you joking but not joking
about if you would do that thing
that the other person is not
willing to even consider thinking
There's only one answer
and the one final answer
Ever and always, if you wanna do the world right
And it is,
Yes I will.
I will be the man
I need to become
And do what I must
Shall the need arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.