La Cascia's Sicilian Pizza Slice: A review

 I ordered two large slices of pizza from the italian place before heading out for a walk, carried them to the nearby park with a bunch of cookies, and devoured them over a picnic table at 8 in the evening, like a goddamn hungry NYC rat, yum yum yum, even scratched the cheese stuck to the greasy paper, had it all.

It was good, dears, it was amazing, one of the most intense and surprisingly amazing pizza experiences I've had. Perhaps the day was ending so they added extra cheese, or perhaps it was the fact that they got the pizza soggier than it should have been because of the moisture, but cor' it was soft, cheese and yummy, and crispy on the sides by goddamn like it should, felt like I was in a Sicilian Park stuffing pizza on my face like some Sicilian rat.

Yeah oh the cookies were great too. Not as soft as I'd hoped in the center, and way, wayyy to sweet my head still hurts one can't have it more than maybe once a month but it felt good, like I'd been missing it for so long.

Had a cup, maybe two, of water later in the evening, after 5, which is a dangerous move because I've been avoiding drinking water after five in the evening to control the 'twice the restroom' usage that's been disrupting my sleep. Even then I'm woken up at 5am for toilet break, dunno where my body gets all this liquid. Hoping tomorrow's going to be better.

That is all.

I feel so genuinely guilty for not putting any effort at all on these posts, but ya' gotta understand, things ain't right around here, so what I have is what y'all will get. Tomorrow I'll need to write four journal posts, yikes those things bunch up don't they, and four bullshit posts, if I can get something done over the day, I'll be finally on par. This year hasn't had a great start but as long as the game is still on, there's still a chance of making it. Congrats to me for not abandoning writing entirely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.