Appetite in the summer, or, desserts for dinner time!

 As I've written a couple of times in the journal posts, many days this summer have been single-meal kinda' days, because I've lost my appetite. It's so hot, I don't feel like eating anything, cooking anything inside the house is like adding fire to an already burning oven, and there's not much interest in eating warm food to further boil your innards when the weather is so out-there. In general summer is a great appetite suppresant.

But one still has to go on dinners with friends because that's how people catchup. And since it's the summer in Seattle with heatwave ongoing, nobody wants to invite people over to their oven abodes, let alone cook for other people. Eating out occasionally has become the norm.

So what do you do when you don't want to eat but must go on dinners with people?

That's right, you just get the desserts!

Precisely what I've been doing for the last couple of months. Skip the meal that you didn't want and don't need, just eat a cheesecake or chocolate cake or what-have-you. I did it on dinner with BC last week, and then with the boys yesterday. A great way to avoid extra calories, not stuff yourself, and save a bit of moolah. The last part isn't strictly true though, since it's impolite to not split evenly, etcetera, which is fine, I'm okay with subsidizing my friends' meals. In fact, what a great dinner date idea that is! Go on a date with somebody, be the second person to order the meal, and then split evenly, no questions asked! That way they feel like you both did your part but actually you barely ate anything. That's how you win. Because of course relationships are meant to be won, that's what they're allll about. Ohhh boii.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.