Review: Cafe Argento

It'll be a short review because I don't feel like saying mean things about cute little places. It's an incredibly tightly-run small cafe near my place, three ladies running it, it seemed like an older lady does this in the mornings so she can have her evenings cleared out. It's well-decorated, the operation seems low-key, the sort where you scrounge things for your cafe and suddenly you're serving a hundred people and hiring two employees out of nowhere and dealing with suppliers etcetera. The vibe is adorable and cute, and while I wouldn't go there to work or hang with friends, I can see and appreciate the charm.

What I cannot appreciate that much is that I paid thirteen bucks for a tiny sandwich, which again left me hungrier than I went in, and was maybe a quarter of the footlong sub from Subway that costs half as much. I went there for my lunch, and for thirteen bucks I was expecting to come out full. That didn't happen. It was quite disappointing in that regard.

I hope to give the place another chance one day, for their breakfast sandwiches, my understanding is they're a primarily breakfast place. I hope for everybody's sake the meal's better than the last one I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.