The berry situation

 I love that in Seattle there's blackberry bushes growing everywhere and nobody cares to pick them up and eat them, and if they do, they're kind enough to leave a lot for everybody else. In the public parks, by the streets, even in hiking trails there's large blackberry bushes all around, and there's so many ripe ready-to-eat berries just waiting to be picked. Yum Yum Yum.

These days my walks have been taking way longer than they should because I stop by every blackberry bush I come by to pick up a few, or a dozen, berries, and eat them, straight from the plant onto my hands and into my mouth. The berries north and east of me, in the Arboretum-Volunteer park corridor have all been attacked like that.

The major riches of the berries are in Discovery park, which is a bit of a hike to get to, with two buses and what not, but I could probably get a couple of pounds, yes POUNDS, of berries with not that much effort, and I could do that every weekend for the next several weekend, without making too much of a dent in the natural berry ecosystem over there. That's how bountiful the blackberry situation is around here.

The next goal is to use the collected berries to flavor my drinks and brews, etcetera, but we'll have to wait until I get a decent amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.