Walking in Seattle in the Fall

On this glorious day in August
When the Sun is high and strong
In the day
And cedes the ground to the moon
In the night
Warm and cool, bright and dark
I went out to the nature
And took
A ten thousand steps
And ten thousand more
Add eight more thousand to that.

They smile at me,
Like we're all one big family
The puppies don't bark
Trees are greener
Than the greenest I've seen
The respect I get from runners
Is better than there's ever been.

Out getting the Sun
And the cool, fresh air
Listening to my podcasts
And judging
How life's absolutely so fair
I think
Oh dude, this is life
All I need from everything ever
With or without a uhhh wife.
It rhymes, that's the only thing that will matter.

Up the Arboretum
Down in the Interlaken
And round and round at Volunteer park
The gods have blessed me
With the greatest bounty of nature
Oh I intent to futilize it
To its full extent, believe you me.
In that way, and maybe it's a bit too far
But the walks are so great
I might be
The luckiest boy on the whole wide world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.