Finally got my standstool!

 There's some good news and some bad news.

The bad news is I imagined Vietwah to be this paradise of a nice Asian grocery sore that was also affordable. The latter is not strictly true it turns out they have Shin Ramyun for two bucks a piece which is...kind of a...ripoff. I'll just go to Hau Hau instead. Still love the place though. Speaking of which, friend BC tells me they're going to close soon and they'll be constructing a massive apartment complex in there. Which, first of all, is amazing news, Seattle needs so many more apartments. And second, that place is sketchy af, I think all the existing residents will be happy the place is gentrifying. Thirdly, maaan, I just wish they would let the supermarket open in their ground floor like so many other grocery stores, wish mixed use zoning was a thing. It's nobody's fault and it should be a bad thing to construct housing, commercial vs housing shouldn't have to be a choice, we should be allowed to have both.

In good news, I bought a standstool at vietwah, it's maybe half a feet tall and now I can get to the topmost shelves of all of my cupboards quite easily. Which means more storage room, better access to far-off things, and better organization of spices. I know this sounds like the least exciting thing that could happen to a person, but I'm pumped, because I didn't have access to half my kitchen cupboard shelves due to the fact I'm vertically challenged.

Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.