Bailing out of work early, fried rice breakfast, meal with AKY, trip begins, Costco trip with Mango smoothie, amazing vistas and wheat fields, tacobell dinner, pendleton motel, evening writing [Mon 26]

Had fried rice from earlier evening for breakfast, and started packing for my trip.

Left work earlier than usual, as AKY showed up. He too had the meal, quite a heavy one at that, and we set out on our road trip!

First stop was Costco, where we got croissants, an unfortunate 80 pack of 8oz bottles we didn't fully realize we had bought until it was too late, and a watermelon quite a large one. Aky contends it was 20lbs initial pre-consumption weight and that's probably fair. Oh on our way out we had their new Mango smoothie which is controversial among Costco fans. I liked it. So so very cold though.

And so began our trip Eastwards. We saw evergreen forests, deserts of East Washington, and the amazing vista of wheat field in Oregon. Dinner was had at a Tacobell in the evening, I ordered both of my classic favourite burritos.

In the evening we stopped by this motel at a town called Pendleton and relaxed. I wrote a lot in the evening, and feel so good about it because I've been writing throughout this trip, something that's usually not been the case in previous journeys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.