On Motel 6

I used to think that Motel 6 was one of those really crappy awful places with no redemptive value, and it may still be so, but after staying in a couple of motel sixes and many other motels of similar elk, during my roadtrip earlier this month, I have more nuanced opinion.

All things considered, motel 6 is one of the higher-end of the low-end motels. Their rooms are modern, upholstery is updated within the last couple of decades, the rooms have AC and electronic key cards, and most of them have some sort of amenities.

Yeah, the lady in Salt Lake City motel 6 asked for ID's from all the residents of the room, which I found extremely sus and perhaps she was being a tad bit racist. It is true, the room we stayed in didn't have refrigeration. And yes, there was no free continental breakfast despite much cheaper venues offering those. But it was modern, clean, felt safe, and we didn't have to face the parking lot with random strangers ogling by every time we opened our blinds. That's pretty big honkin win in my book. That book is called The extraordinary book of super easy wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.