I'm a kettle-tea man, but microwave will just work when it's your fifth cup of the day

 I've never ever ever microwaved water for tea, before today. It had to, had do, be done because I'd already meant two batches and a third batch on the kettle was a kettle to far for me, all for one single cup of herbal tea. So yeah I reheated a cup of tea water on the microwave.

Here's my take. I'm fairly certain a microwave is not particularly lacking in heating water, or providing taste or flavor to the drink. Sure, the agitation from a heated bottom might change water physics minorly but I would surely never notice the difference. I ain't no connoisseur, just a guy who chugs cup after cup of herbal tea.

Having said that, tea-drinking and making is rarely about the imbibing of a flavored liquid. It's about the whole ritual, of turning the machine on, waiting for it to get it done, hearing that whistle, putting the kettle away from the heat, and then back in because you remember you don't want the pot to cool. Yes, it's kettles for me, always, whenever I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.