That certificate program fiasco and how it became the biggest financial loss of my life

 Here's a quick *ahem* rundown on what happened to the Certificate program I was taking at UW and ugh how it's going to have such impact.

So I took the first two courses, fuckin' fantastic, I did really well and was well motivated. Enrolled for the third course, paid for it, and realized I had far far too many eggs in my basket in the summer to be able to complete it. Also the professor expected live attendance and gave a lot of points based on that which was a bummer. Tried to withdraw from the course, they didn't let me. Then requested the program admin to give me an incomplete so I could try completing it over the rest of the summer, and they didn't let me either.

So it's a total loss. Three thousand buckaroos gone down the drain because I was two days late registering for the course. Which also means I won't complete the certificate program since I don't want to invest another year at my current workplace, or pay however much it is to finish this program. Either way, losses all-around, sucks so much. No goddamn way I'm taking the fourth course and coming back to the third next year, nuh uh. Maybe. Actually. I should ask around and see what my well-wishers have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.