Some people have expectations that are...not in alignment with reality

This is petty toomfoolery, fights that go nowhere and aren't impactful.

AU was mad at me and messaged saying she wouldn't be disrespected and talk to me ever because I hadn't texted her in two months. Which is fair assessment if she had been, but she hadn't so much as checked on me in those months, when I had to get on antibiotics three times and suffered through, at various points, serious intestinal issues, lungs issues, and throat infection issues.

And in response I said that was fair enough, but at that rate, if my expectation out of people around me, was that there'd be no future contact if they didn't reach out to be every two months, regardless of what was happening to them, I'd have no friends left.

I guess she is popular, she must have a large group of friends family and hanger-ons around her that she can support the aggressive friendship requirements. Maybe with that age comes social connections, maybe it's just the personality, or maybe it's one's station in life when one can afford to make such risky moves. But if that works for them, that works for them, I cannot do that.

So yeah, that expectation of people from everyone is out of alignment with reality, specially if people aren't checking up on others, and what can one say on that but wish them good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think. I'll read, promise.